Expunction Attorneys in Brazoria County
We Can Help You Clear Your Criminal Record
Getting arrested can significantly impact several aspects of your life. If you have a criminal record, it can make it difficult to find work, apply for housing, and obtain a loan. It can also result in a damaged reputation and a constant feeling of embarrassment.
The good news is that there is a way to erase your criminal record so that it does not affect your future. Our Brazoria County expungement lawyers at the Law Office of Steve O. Gonzalez can evaluate your case and discuss your options for starting over with a clean slate.
Who Qualifies for Expunction?
In certain circumstances, Texas law allows for individuals to permanently remove information about an arrest or charge from their record. This legal process is called expunction. When an individual’s criminal record is expunged, any and all records of his or her arrest are destroyed and he or she may legally deny the existence of the incident.
You may be eligible for an expunction if:
- You were arrested for a crime that was never charged
- You received a criminal charge that was ultimately dismissed
- You were arrested, charged, and acquitted at trial
- You were convicted of an alcohol offense when you were younger than 21
- You were convicted of a tobacco offense when you were younger than 21
- You were arrested, charged, or convicted for a crime due to identity theft
- Your conviction was later acquitted by the Criminal Court of Appeals
- Your conviction was later pardoned by the Texas Governor or the U.S. President
When Can I Get an Expunction?
If you have an arrest record that qualifies for an expunction, you may still face a wait-period before you can start the expunction process. If your case went to trial and you were found not guilty then you can file an expunction immediately.
Contact the Law Office of Steve O. Gonzalez
Our Brazoria County expunction attorneys are ready to help you regain control of your life by getting your record expunged. We can simplify the process for you and make sure all the details of your case are handled correctly.
Reach out to us today at (832) 900-9867 for reliable legal counsel and passionate advocacy.