Multiple DWIs in Brazoria County, TX
Your Case Is Worth Fighting For
Any time you are charged with DWI you should do the following:
- Do not answer the officers' questions
- All you should say to the officer is "I want to speak to an attorney"
- Do not submit to a blood or breath test
- Do not take a field sobriety test
Repeat DWIs Result in Increasingly Harsh Penalties
For a second DWI could result in:
- Up to $4,000 in fines
- 30 days to a year in prison
- A suspension of your license for up to two years
- A surcharge of $1,500 a year for three years if your blood alcohol was 0.16 or over
Consequences of a third DWI are:
- Up to $10,000 in fines
- Two to ten years in a state penitentiary
- Suspension of driver's license for up to two years
- Surcharges of $2,000 a year for a blood alcohol was 0.16 or higher
We Have Defend Your DWI in Brazoria County, Galveston & Beyond
Even with more than one DWI conviction, an experienced attorney could work to have your charges reduced or even dropped if the arresting officer proceeded unlawfully or the breath test gave a faulty reading. Attorney Steve O. Gonzalez has well over a decade of experience representing his client's facing DWI charge and he has even been nominated as a Super Lawyer.
If you are arrested for DWI, even if it is not your first such offense, there is no reason to lose hope. Call the Law Office of Steve O. Gonzalez now and we can get started on your defense, or fill out an online case evaluation.